Using the advanced da Vinci® Surgical System, our surgeons skillfully manipulate robotic arms and wrists with extraordinary precision and dexterity. In addition, the system's 3-D magnification and visualization technology provides our surgeons with unparalleled views of structures inside the body.
Robotic technology gives our patients the ability to opt for minimally invasive surgeries that usually mean less pain, blood loss and scarring, as well as shorter recovery times and quicker return to normal activities.
– Seth Alexander Capello, MD, Director of Robotic Surgery
Whenever possible, we offer a minimally invasive approach, which means less discomfort as well as faster recovery times. For certain conditions, both minimally invasive and advanced robotic surgery options are offered, enabling our surgeons to perform even the most complex and delicate procedures with extreme precision. We do everything we can to make you feel comfortable and well cared for.
Expert Surgical Care
Hospital-wide, more than 1,700 robotic surgeries have been performed since the program was introduced. Saratoga Hospital’s outstanding team of board-certified surgeons, all members of the Saratoga Hospital Medical Group.
Robotic Surgery Services
Saratoga Hospital surgeons have extensive experience with robotic procedures, including:
- Cholecystectomy (removal of the gallbladder)
- Hiatal hernia
- Hemicolectomy (partial colon removal)
- Hysterectomy (removal of the uterus)
- Inguinal, incisional, ventral, and umbilical hernia repair
- Myomectomy (removal of uterine fibroid tumors)
- Nephroureterectomy (removal of a kidney and its ureter)
- Pyeloplasty (reconstruction of the kidney pelvis)
- Partial nephrectomy or cystectomy (kidney or bladder removal)
- Prostatectomy (prostate removal)
- Pulmonary lobectomy (removal of a lobe)
- Pulmonary segmentectomy (removal of a segment of lung)
- Pulmonary wedge resection (removal of wedge-shaped portion of the lung)
- Sympathectomy (destruction of nerves)
View all medical staff by clicking here.