On behalf of our faculty and staff, I am excited to invite you to explore our new Saratoga Hospital Family Medicine Residency program. In collaboration with Hudson Headwaters Health Network and Albany Medical Center, we have developed an innovative residency program providing excellent clinical training while emphasizing a broader public health and community-oriented approach.
Our three-year curriculum maximizes broad-spectrum clinical competence in both hospital and ambulatory medicine, with a special emphasis on behavioral health, addiction treatment, population health, rural health, and state-of-the-art technology, including point-of-care ultrasound and information technology.
We were fortunate to have recruited a fabulous inaugural class of residents who are paving the way and looking forward to joining us in recruiting and welcoming our 2nd residency class next year. By joining our residency, you will have the unique opportunity to help shape this new and innovative program. Our faculty have many years of clinical and educational experience and are looking forward to working with you as you develop both your clinical and leadership skills as we develop the residency as a model for 21st century Family Medicine education.
Ephraim Back, MD, MPH, FAAFP
- Outpatient continuity clinic in one of two community health centers
- Competency to perform a community needs assessment
- Meeting the patient where they live through mobile health, Backstretch Clinic and telehealth
- Proficiency in substance dependence treatment, point of care ultrasound
- Population health as foundation of community wellness
- Leadership skills to develop physician advocates for system change, to advance health equity for the communities we serve
- Multidisciplinary inpatient and outpatient team rounding
- Integration with behavioral health, addiction specialists, advanced practice clinicians, pharmacists, and care managers