Saratoga Hospital Web Accessibility Statement
Commitment to Accessibility
Saratoga Hospital is committed to accessibility and ensuring that all users of its websites, including those with disabilities, have an equal opportunity to access and interact with SaratogaHospital.org.
Saratoga Hospital has undergone extensive efforts to make our website user-friendly and accessible to everyone and will continue to make efforts to further our digital accessibility.
Should you have any difficulty accessing this website in any manner, please do not hesitate to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We strive to meet the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 AA standards put forth the Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI) of the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C), an international standards organization that works towards the development of standards for the World Wide Web. WCAG 2.0 AA is the most widely accepted and referenced web accessibility standards both in the United States and globally.
Accessibility Measures Taken
Some of the measures taken to make SaratogaHospital.org accessible include:
- adding alt attributes to all images and alt text values for meaningful, non-decorative images
- ensuring a minimum 4.5:1 color ratio for all text
- maintain sufficient space between content for improved readability
- using descriptive text links and headers
- using correct heading structures to organize content
- presenting content in a meaningful order
- maintaining a consistent and predictable layout and organization
- integrating breadcrumb links to make navigation easier
- eliminating all automatic content (e.g. pop-ups, auto-playing media)
- including a skip to navigation link
- using descriptive anchor text for links
- incorporating a focus indicator for all active components of our website
- programmatically adding labels to all form and input fields
- providing error suggestions where possible
- ensuring that instructions aren’t reliant on a single sensory ability
- providing for the ability to resize text without loss of content or function on the website
- ensuring that our website is navigable without a mouse and that there are no keyboard traps within our website that prevent users from navigating to and from different elements of our website
As well as many other measures.
Beyond our existing remediation measures, we continually review our website to ensure we adhere to and implement best practices in web accessibility.
Compliance Measures Taken
Saratoga Hospital has invested resources for website accessibility. Some of the measures taken are:
- We have used the WAVE tool to review all pages.
- We have hired an independent consultant, to periodically review and audit our website for accessibility.
- We have provided a tutorial for staff working on the site so they can continue to keep our site compliant.
Through our genuine and good faith commitment and devotion to accessibility, we are committed to compliance with all applicable laws governing web accessibility including those required by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and other federal and state disability laws.
Do you have feedback on SaratogaHospital.org’s accessibility? Where can we improve? What are our strong points? Your feedback is welcome and greatly appreciated as we strive to improve.
Please email us at email@example.com to provide feedback.
Also, you are welcome to mail us at:
211 Church Street
Saratoga Springs, NY 12866