FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
September 9, 2020
Cantina Kids Fun Run Goes Virtual Oct. 2-4
Popular annual event supports children’s healthcare at Saratoga Hospital
SARATOGA SPRINGS, NY, Sept. 9, 2020—The 2020 Cantina Kids Fun Run, which supports children’s healthcare at Saratoga Hospital, is going virtual. The annual event will be held Friday, Oct. 2 through Sunday, Oct. 4. Registration is $10 for this year only.
Now in its 13th year, the Fun Run was the brainchild of Cantina restaurant owners Jeff and Heath Ames, who wanted to express their gratitude for the lifesaving care their daughter has received at Saratoga Hospital. The couple teamed up with Saratoga Hospital Foundation to bring families and organizations together for a healthy outdoor activity—and a worthy cause.
“The event is so popular, we knew we had to find a way to hold it this year,” said Mary Solomons, executive director of Saratoga Hospital Foundation. “Going virtual will help keep our community safe without disappointing young runners and their families.
“Despite the change, sponsor support has remained strong,” she added. Returning as presenting sponsor is New Country Motor Car Group, which will host the Fun Run’s packet pickup.
Since its inception, the Fun Run has raised more than $560,000 and made a difference for every pediatric patient treated at a Saratoga Hospital facility. Last year, the run raised over $70,000 and attracted more than 1,000 race participants.
How to participate
- Register online by 11:59 p.m. Oct. 4.
- Run in your neighborhood, home or park, or choose from one of the suggested family friendly routes. Complete your run at your convenience anytime from Friday, Oct. 2 through Sunday, Oct. 4.
- Wear your downloadable Cantina Kids Fun Run bib. Please follow mask and social distancing guidelines to help keep yourself and our community safe.
- Pick up your swag bag at New Country and wear your Fun Run T-shirt.
- Spread the word about your experience. Share posts, including photos and videos, on social media. Be sure to use the hashtag #VirtualCantinaKidsFunRun.
- Track your participation. Track your run, note your time and receive a certificate of participation.
- Support the mission. When you register, you’ll have the option to make a personal donation to support children’s healthcare at Saratoga Hospital or the hospital’s COVID-19 Fund. Now, more than ever, your generosity can make a difference for the hospital and the community.
For more information or to register, visit www.cantinakidsfunrun.org or call 518-583-8789.
About Saratoga Hospital Foundation: Saratoga Hospital Foundation is the philanthropic arm of Saratoga Hospital, Saratoga County’s leading healthcare provider. As such, the foundation secures, manages and distributes charitable gifts to support the mission of Saratoga Hospital. Over the years, the foundation has raised more than $60 million for Saratoga Hospital programs and facilities, all of which benefit the people of the Saratoga region. For more information, visit www.saratogahospitalfoundation.org.
FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT:
Director, Marketing and Communications
FUN RUN CONTACT:
Manager, Special Events
Saratoga Hospital Foundation